- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 8 scallions
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 cups tomato or V-8 juice
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut jalapeño pepper in half and remove seeds. Then slice the scallions and celery into 1-inch pieces. Cut bell peppers into quarters and remove seeds. Peel cucumbers, slice in half the long way and remove seeds. If need be, slice into thinner strips that will fit in feed tube of food processor.
- Using a metal blade, put garlic and jalapeño pepper in processor first, until finely chopped. Then add the scallions, celery, and red bell pepper and pulse to medium chop. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop half of the tomatoes until coarsely chopped and then transfer to the mixing bowl as well.
- Puree the other half of the tomatoes, which should take about 1 minute. Then pour in 1/2 cup of Tabasco® tomato juice while the machine is still running. Transfer puree to large mixing bowl.
- Switch metal blade to slicing disc and feed cucumbers through tube using light pressure. Transfer these to large mixing bowl, and mix all ingredients together.
- Chill before serving.