Do you want some cold soup perfect for the hot summer weather? Watch this how to video to learn how to make cold potato soup French kitchen-style... the classic Vichyssoise!
Vichyssoise soup ingredients:
6 cups chicken stock
4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
4 cups leeks
salt, to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 bunch chives, chopped
1. Add the chicken stock, potatoes and leeks to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
2. Season with salt and simmer covered for about 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Remove from the heat and use a KitchenAid Immersion Blender to puree the soup.
4. Chill the soup for 1-2 hours. After chilling, whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream.
5. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives and serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.