Do you want some cold soup perfect for the hot summer weather? Watch this how to video to learn how to make cold potato soup French kitchen-style... the classic Vichyssoise!
Vichyssoise soup ingredients:
6 cups chicken stock
4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
4 cups leeks
salt, to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 bunch chives, chopped
1. Add the chicken stock, potatoes and leeks to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
2. Season with salt and simmer covered for about 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Remove from the heat and use a KitchenAid Immersion Blender to puree the soup.
4. Chill the soup for 1-2 hours. After chilling, whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream.
5. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives and serve.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: