Hot, rich and creamy, Paula Deen's cheddar soup is pure comfort food. Try making a creamy cheddar soup on a cold winter day. This cooking how-to video is part of Paula's Home Cooking show hosted by Jamie Deen, Paula Deen. Paula Deen, owner of Lady and Sons, a famous Savannah restaurant, is Food Network's resident southern chef. Step inside her kitchen and discover delicious food that's both uncomplicated and comforting. You'll just love the sharp taste that the cheddar cheese brings to this creamy soupy.
Ingredients for cheddar cheese soup:
* 1 small onion, diced
* 2 large pimentos, diced
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
* 1 1/2 cups cream
* 3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar
* 1/2 cup green onions
* Salt and black pepper
* Dash cayenne pepper, optional
* Suggested Serving: your favorite bread or croutons
In a saucepan, saute onion and pimentos in butter for 5 to 7 minutes. Blend in flour. Add stock and cream. Cook until thick. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add 1/4 cup green onions, salt and pepper, to taste, and cayenne if desired. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades