Eggs? Soup? What?! You'd be amazed how delicious egg drop soup can be. Check out this video for a tutorial on how to make it.
Follow these steps to make delicious, restaurant-style egg drop soup.
Step 1: Combine corn starch and broth
Pour three-quarters of a cup of the chicken broth into a small bowl. Add the corn starch and mix together. Then set it aside.
Step 2: Boil remaining chicken broth
Put the remaining chicken broth in a large saucepan and add the ginger, chives, and salt. Stir and bring to a boil.
TIP: For a lighter dish, use fat-free chicken broth.
Step 3: Whisk eggs
Use a fork to whisk the eggs and the egg yolk in a small bowl. Add the eggs to the boiling broth a little at a time, letting the egg drizzle from the fork. Cook until the eggs are opaque, about one to two minutes.
Step 4: Stir cornstarch
Remove half a cup of the soup into a measuring cup or bowl. Stir in the cornstarch until there are no lumps, and then pour the mixture back into the soup. Stir, and continue boiling until the soup thickens.
Step 5: Enjoy
Enjoy your egg drop soup. Don't forget the fortune cookies!
Did you know? The entire time from a hen's ovulation to laying an egg is about 25 hours. About 30 minutes later, the hen will begin to lay another egg.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades