You can't get better gumbo than in Louisiana, but if you, like us, can't make it out there anytime soon then the best way to soak up the savory and spicy flavor of Louisiana is to bring Louisiana home to you. Gumbo, a very thick and deep stew consisting of meat, vegetables, and more chili powder than most of us would deem safe, is a tradtional Lousiana dish.
New Orleans has its own variation on the spicy stew, a version of which is presented in this episode of The Minimalist by Mark Bittman. Using scallops, peppers, and a homemade roux, Bittman crafts a thick stew that'll definitely get your appetite going.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades