Chef David Musial shows us how to make an unusual dish – rhubarb soup. The Chef gives us some interesting facts about rhubarb – it is a vegetable and not a fruit, it comes from Asia, and was originally used for medicinal purposes. Also, we need to know that the leaf of the rhubarb is not edible.
The rhubarb needs to be cleaned and the fibrous parts cut off. To make the soup, cut the rhubarb in one-inch chunks. Heat about 3 1/2 cups of water in a large pan; add the juice from an orange, a cup of sugar, and about 2 pounds of rhubarb. Bring to a boil and simmer until the rhubarb begins to fall apart.
The Chef then strains the soup or puts it through a food mill, adds some sugar, orange zest and triple sec, and serves it cold with crème fresh for a delicious treat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades