Suzanne Tracht makes a lovely lemongrass consomme for matzo ball soup. She starts with 2 whole chickens and throws them into a pot full of water with celery and some lemon grass. The lemon grass is prepared by crushing it with the back of a knife. She next adds a lime leaf, ginger, and a coarsely chopped onion. Finally, she adds garlic, red chilies, and white parts of leeks. She puts the pot onto the stove and brings it to a simmer. She is careful to lower the heat so it maintains a simmer and not a full boil. As scum comes to the top, skim it off and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes. Season it with salt and discard the chicken. Strain through a chinois and return to a simmer to use in your recipe. It should be flavorful and aromatic.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades