Want a thick, creamy soup to warm up those chilly fall nights without the extravagant caloric toll? Then take a look at this delicious soup recipe.
Follow along to learn how to make a healthy sweet potato and hot pepper soup laced with garlic and thyme. Serve it alongside a warm olive oil salad for a complete meal you won't regret afterwards.
In this soup recipe, sweet potatoes get some extra zip with hot peppers. Both vegetables are plentiful in late summer and fall.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
* 1 hot pepper, diced, seeds removed
* 1 small red onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic
* 3 thyme sprigs
* 4 cups chicken stock
* Salt to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
2. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and garlic is soft.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and pepper. Saute for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the stock and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
5. Discard the thyme.
6. Transfer soup to a blender and process until smooth. You may have to do this in batches
7. Return soup to stock pot and heat through.
8. Ladle hot soup into a bowl and top with a dash of curry
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades