Want a thick, creamy soup to warm up those chilly fall nights without the extravagant caloric toll? Then take a look at this delicious soup recipe.
Follow along to learn how to make a healthy sweet potato and hot pepper soup laced with garlic and thyme. Serve it alongside a warm olive oil salad for a complete meal you won't regret afterwards.
In this soup recipe, sweet potatoes get some extra zip with hot peppers. Both vegetables are plentiful in late summer and fall.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
* 1 hot pepper, diced, seeds removed
* 1 small red onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic
* 3 thyme sprigs
* 4 cups chicken stock
* Salt to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
2. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and garlic is soft.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and pepper. Saute for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the stock and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
5. Discard the thyme.
6. Transfer soup to a blender and process until smooth. You may have to do this in batches
7. Return soup to stock pot and heat through.
8. Ladle hot soup into a bowl and top with a dash of curry