How to Make Indian sweet corn soup without cream
A nice hot bowl of sweet corn soup is creamy goodness without the cream. Watch this how-to video and try this Indian Chinese recipe on a cold winter day, it'll warm you through and through.
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Garlic - 1 tsp (finely minced)
Ginger - 1 tsp (grated)
Onion - 1 small (finely chopped)
Frozen Peas & Carrots - 1/2 cup
Green Beans - 1/4 cup (cut diagonally)
Cauliflower - 1/2 cp (chopped finely)
Celery - 1/4 cup (chopped finely)
Cream Style Corn - 1 can
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper - to taste
Water - 1/2 cup
Vegetable Broth - 14oz can
Corn Starch - 2 tsp (mixed with a little water)
Sugar - 1 tsp (optional)
Green Onions - 2 (chopped diagonally, for garnishing)
1. In a medium pot, add oil, ginger and garlic. Allow it to sizzle.
2. Add onions and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add peas & carrots, green beans, celery and cauliflower. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add can of cream stlye corn, salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Add Water and vegetable Stock. Mix and bring to a boil.
6. Allow veggies to cook without over cooking them.
7. Mix a little water with the Corn Starch and add it to the soup.
8. Add sugar and adjust salt if necessary.
9. Garnish with Spring (Green) Onions and serve Hot!
10. Serves 4.