How to Make turkey noodle soup
Learn how to make some casual, traditional, and unique dishes with tutorial help from myrecipes.com. In this video recipe, learn how to make turkey noodle soup. This simple, 35-minute recipe from Cooking Light magazine gives turkey leftovers a fresh start in soul-satisfying soup.
* Cooking spray
* 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices carrot
* 3/4 cup chopped onion
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices celery
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 6 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
* 2 cups (3 ounces) uncooked egg noodles
* 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 cups shredded turkey (about 8 ounces)
* Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add carrot, onion, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Add celery, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through bay leaf); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add shredded turkey; cook 3 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper, if desired.