Remember the joy of having a warm bowl of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich when you were a kid? Well, in this video, Betty shows us how to make her own version of the traditional American dish. With a few extra touches, Betty spices up a Shaker recipe and creates a yummy dish, great for any age!
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make one of the dishes that she and her husband, Rick, had for lunch on their recent visit to Shakertown. It is Tomato-Celery Soup, a delicate blend of canned tomato soup, onion, celery, and some spices. This Tomato-Celery Soup has been served every day at the restaurant in Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, Kentucky, for the past 40 years.
You Will Need:
*1 small chopped onion
*2 tablespoons butter
*10 ½ oz. can tomato soup
*1 teaspoon minced parsley
*1/8 teaspoon pepper
*½ cup finely chopped celery
*1 tablespoon lemon juice
*1 teaspoon sugar
*¼ teaspoon salt
*1 can water
Steps: Blend your soup together
Saute onion and celery in butter; do not brown. Add tomato soup, water, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes. Celery will remain crisp. Top with unsweetened whipped cream and chopped parsley.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades